Thursday, January 3, 2013

Iron Girl Race Invitation!


About 6.5 years ago I did the Iron Girl Race/ My goal was to complete the race and I did. I am happy to have signed up to do it again, this September!

Do you have a New Years Resolution to get into shape? This race could be the goal that gets you there.
The Iron Girl Race is a 2 mile run, 22 mile bike and 2 mile run. Join me to train and/or do the race.


The race is in Bloomington. Its at Normondale Lake park at 7:30 am. I would like to find a small group of women who want to train weekly, either in person and/or via Blog support.

Amenities at the race include: a post-race Breakfast Café, performance shirts sized for women, professional timing, personalized race bibs, new custom finisher medals specific to the event, Iron Girl jewelry age group awards, on-demand results station, post-race giveaways and much more. It costs $95 to register.

Here is the website for the race:

http://www.irongirl.com/Events/Bloomington.htm#ixzz2GxVZXxtJ

If you would like to train with me in person, I will likely train every Friday and Sunday. One day doing the two mile run (very casual) outside or coaching each other inside on my treadmill. The other day I will do some cycling, each week doing a longer cycling to get up to the 22 miles. I can have a second indoor bike at my house or you can bring your bike and your bike trainer (you can buy a bike trainer for as low as $90).

When spring arrives, we would obviously jog outside, meeting at the lakes or a nearby park. I am starting my training one week from tomorrow (Jan. 11th).

Join the blog to support this group or better yet, join the group!

No comments:

Post a Comment